A reference in the development of multimaterial manufacturing technologies
The Lightweight Competence Center aims to be a reference in the development of multimaterial manufacturing technologies for the automotive industry.
Domain areasThe Center includes three distinctive areas to tackle lightweight strategic projects:
- Material characterization: Advanced materials and product characterization.
- Product design & analysis: New and advanced materials-focused design and analysis.
- Tooling: Tooling and other elements: dies, cooling-heating systems, etc.
- Manufacturing: Short series and prototype manufacturing and post-processing.
- Joining technologies: Lightweight and advanced multimaterial joining technologies.
CapabilitiesThe Composite Area includes a reinforced polymer characterization system, a preform cutting table, a Sheet Molding Compound cell and a post-precessing center. The Aluminum Area consists of a two-in-one melting and maintenance furnace, a hydraulic press, a component extraction system and a cooling tank. The HSS Area includes a servo-actuated press allowing to program the position, speed and travel curves of the press to carry out different manufacturing processes, such as, special-blanking and multispeed manufacturing.
- Industrial Company project
- Collaborative R&D project
- Added value services: Training and Competitive Inteligence